CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Breaking the Rules


So I didn’t set out to adhere to all the rules of NaNo. In fact, other than 50,000 words toward a novel, I didn’t know there were any hard and fast rules. My main goal was to get words on paper and push past the word count block I've had. So in that way, I’ve already won. Keeping it up for a month? That’ll be the true test. I’ve also learned that I can’t just write fiction. I have to get all the junk out of my head first, recap the day or write about events as they happen, and get the gunk out of the pipes so when the fiction does come, it doesn’t get bogged down in all the soap scum and hair balls of meaningless emotions and crap that tend to clog up my writing drain. In short, I have to clean the sink trap of my brain daily. Since my life is pretty undramatic, I should probably feel weird about this. Do I? Not really. It’s not any stranger than having to have a cup of tea and a black cat on your lap before you can sit down and write. And if cleaning the pipes gets me to word count more days than not? Bring it. And gods help my son if he ever starts reading the old rough drafts. He might find out more about his dad’s and my romantic life than he ever wanted to know!

Anyway, for more on breaking the rules, there’s a wonderful post at http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2011/12/nanowrimo-epilogue/.

And before I forget, here’s a clip from today’s writing stint. Enjoy :)

As he reduces her to the same well-pleasured puddle of desire that he can so easily reduce me to, I whimper with frustration. I can feel my panties growing increasingly sodden—not wet, drenched—and I ache for his mouth, her mouth, anyone’s mouth, sucking my clit; or for his cock to pound out the aching desire throbbing through my lower lips.

He hears the sound and his eyes flash as they make contact with mine. He ceases in his endless teasing of [her] neck, upper back, and shoulders and instead reaches around and thrusts a finger into her wet pussy. He uses his other arm to haul her tight against him when her knees buckle.

I bite my lip, determined not to make another sound. He’s doing this to punish me, to make me wait for it, to make me want it so badly I can’t stand it. And I do, I want to cry, I really do. I want your cock in my cunt, I want your teeth to sink into the flesh at my shoulder, I want your palm to crack over my ass, raising red marks and the rush of heat and tingles that follow. I want I want I want…

But instead I bite my lip and wait, because for every thing I want, there is a price. And I am willing to pay it. The waiting will only make that first blow so much more sweet.

0 comments: