CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

W(h)ine-ing :)

Not psyched about the wine I’m drinking tonight. I was a member of a wine thing for a while, not a club but a wholesale thing (nakedwine.com if you want to check it out), but they’re having issues with shipping to Michigan, so am back to staring dumbly at the wine aisle at Meijer trying to decide what intoxicant to barrage myself with. Went back to a Grand Traverse flavor that I used to like, but now find too sweet and too mellow. It’s a decent wine, but rather unremarkable compared to the bold Melbecs and House wines that I got spoiled on. 

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m no wine snob, but my writing process has come to require a glass when I sit down at night post-shower, just to let the worries and stresses of the day go away so the creative shit can flow without thoughts about this fall’s calves or the spring payment on the new mower conditioner intruding. Believe it or not, money concerns are not conducive to the creative process.

Also found a decent naked grape vintage that is a little harsh but not too bad. Missing my nakedwine seriously tonight. :-(

0 comments: