CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

When Erotic Romance is Neither Erotic nor Romantic


I’ve been reviewing erotic romance this week and, boy, the sex is hot, but the characters? Oh my god, if I was a guy and a woman talked to me like that, I sure as hell wouldn’t want her sucking my cock, even if it did shut her up. And a guy who's that possessive that he wants to hit every guy who looks at his woman? My friend divorced that guy for stalking and battery.

And when did it become a rule for romance that the main characters have to clash in their every action and opinion so hard that it grows to such a pitch that the only possible resolution is to fall into bed together? The last guy I dated who I argued with, I ended up in bed with someone else. 

Maybe it’s just me and couples really do fight that much, women really are prickly virgins, and men want to deck other men for checking out their woman's goods. But it does remind me why erotic romance can be a huge turnoff. That and it’s rife with virgins. But that’s another rant.

0 comments: