CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dirty, Happy Book Reviews: Remittance Girl


One author that continually haunts me after the story has ended is Remittance Girl. I’ve encountered her work several times over the years, and this will be more of an author review than a book review, since I think she is one of those writers who if you spend any time at all around the erotica genre, you will encounter her work.

What’s most mesmerizing about the work of Remittance Girl is the raw emotion in her work. And how she’s not afraid to go to dark, sometimes extremely dark, places to explore. It almost borders on erotic horror sometimes. (I’m thinking especially of the short story called “Nathalie’s Tailor” here.) But when you think about it, it makes sense. What horrors are more frightening than the ones we can face in our own minds?


Looking very forward to her forthcoming short story "Veiled Girl with Lute." I was lucky enough to get to listen to it on podcast (oh my god, did the narrator have the sexiest voice!!). Will be sure to post here when I see "Veiled Girl" has been released.

0 comments: